The World Of Sensors

So I had interactions with multiple sensors recently, and honestly it was a fascinating experience, I've never really thought about how sensors influence our every day lives. Never have I thought about how they are all around us everywhere we go.

Collection of sensors


I had interactions with different sensors, for example, there was one that used a motion laser to identify how far away the users hands were from the source, allowing the speaker imbedded into the gadget to make a certain musical note based on how far the hands were, and when they were moved closer and further away from the gadget itself, different notes would be played out of it.

Another one that truly fascinated me, was a gaming headset turned into a gadget that could read brain activity and you could use it to turn the motor on its counterpart. I was astounded by this as just by concentrating hard enough you could turn the motor itself.

There are different kind of Motion sensors but the one that I am most familiar with is an Accelerometer which is used to record X Y and Z coordinates and write them down.
I think sensors have a huge impact on the world of today and will stay that way for a long time into the future and even further than that. In the last few years the rate of new sensors that we could manufacture increased dramatically

Comments